Monday, February 8, 2010

#38-Cool Art Project



The insights this piece of art gives is a way of life. If you cannot be loved then your life has no purpose. It starts off small when were younger, as crushes. As we grow it turns into something deeper. We feel that if we cannot be loved or liked then we are not socially accepted.

Are the Beatles right when they say "All you need is love?" Do we try to act cool to attract someone to love us. As teenagers in our social group we stand out when were not like everyone else. For a teenage girl in a group of four if shes the only one without a boyfriend then how does she look? And why is it that we look at each other that way? Does our need for cool lessen when we do find love? I think so because we don't have the need to impress anymore because we have met our goal. When we think about someone who has the perfect life we think about this person having the perfect husband or boyfriend and being happy. So being cool may not be that fun anyways. You have to expose your cool to attract someone, but things never works out the first time so your "Cool" is constantly being damaged.

The Process for my art project was fairly simple. I choose something that meant a lot to me and i took my own feelings and observations and wrote what I did above. I did this project alone.

Finding this art and posting it I think wouldn't be as cool as experiencing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment